Analysis, modelling, simulation,
Research design statistical advice
1 hr1 hour
Online or call
- You may contact our scientists for consulting on designing your future research project or for receiving statistical advice.
- Panopticon also inspects, cleans, transforms and models data to uncover useful information, informing conclusions and support decision making.
We carry out data mining projects and work with large-scale electronic data and perform
* Descriptive statistics; trends, patterns and anomalies
* Develop surveillance systems
* Analytical statistics; qualitative and quantitative analysis, predictive modeling
Our team provides world-class data visualization.
Estimation of the disease (exposure) burden
Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) associated with a disease (or an exposure) refers to the number of years lived with a disability (YLD) and years of life lost (s YLL), i.e., premature death as a result of the disease. The sum of YLD and YLL is thus an apt indicator of the overall burden of the disease.
YLD is calculated by multiplying the number of incident cases of a disease in the population by the average duration of the disease and a weighting factor that reflects the severity of the impact of the disease (disability weight or DW). DW is reported on a scale from 0 (perfect health) to 1 (dead). DWs have been estimated for many health conditions including
risks and interventions as well as chemical exposures and diseases.