--- SELECTED PARTS of knowledge translation document with permission.
Who should get the COVID-19 vaccine first in BC? An epidemiological dilemma - Pertained to race and ethnicity!
- Let's watch the game together!
The priority of vaccination is to reduce
• The number of cases; then, Health workers, essential agents, ...
• The number of deaths, then elderly, diabetics, immunocompromised….
• What about at-risk communities? COVID-19 is racist! It catches and kills 1.5 to 3 times as many Black and Latino communities in the United States.
• What about the South Asian population in BC! Why don’t we collect data in BC?
We MUST collect data on ETHNICITY/RACE/Black & Brown communities for COVID-19 in BC to plan to tackle inequalities/inequities!
Author's interview with CTV News https://bc.ctvnews.ca/what-s-race-got-to-do-with-it-data-collection-and-covid-19-1.5198687